Over the weekend, I had the chance to shop at Target, and I came across clothing items from the brand new Target-Exclusive brand Wild Fable. Since the Wild Fable brand isn’t available online for purchase until August 3 (you can go ahead and look at all of their “coming soon” items), I thought I’d take the time to style three different outfits and give my honest opinion on the brand. Think of this as your exclusive preview into the Wild Fable brand! Note: I’ve tried to link all the clothing items and accessories below for easy shopping. Some of the items – such as the shoes and handbags – are available for purchase now both in-store and online, but the Wild Fable clothing will not be available for purchase online until August 3.
Outfit #1: Daring Denim Darling
This first look was so fun to put together since it includes a lot of pieces I wouldn’t typically wear. Trying to combine singular items that have such unique characteristics is a challenge, but I honestly feel the Wild Fable collection really rewards ladies who push their styles to the edge. Items for this look include:
- Women’s Striped Sleeveless Woven Jumpsuit – Wild Fable ($28.00) This Wild Fable piece really caught my eye on the rack, and I was determined to design an entire outfit around this item. Not only did the jumpsuit have pockets, but the one piece was easy to throw on and slip off. FYI, I usually wear a medium in jumpsuits, but I could have easily worn this jumpsuit in a small. Recommendation: Size down if you purchase this!
- Women’s Short Sleeve Cropped T-Shirt – Wild Fable ($5.00): Beneath the jumpsuit, I opted to wear a cropped black shirt (also comes in white). This cropped t-shirt is super cheap and great for pairing with any colors, patterns, or textures! Just be careful what bra you wear because it is somewhat see through!
- Women’s Acid Wash Denim Trucker Jacket – Wild Fable Light Wash ($32.00): When I saw the price of this jacket, I couldn’t believe my eyes! $32 for a denim jack… yes please! Although I’m more of a cardigan girl, I really loved the feel of this jacket. Also, wearing this jacket gave me major 90s vibes! I could easily see myself being able to style this jacket year round. Recommendation: Unless you want a more baggy trucker jacket feel, size down one.
- Women’s Cateye Sunglasses – Wild Fable Black ($16.99): These were fun to wear! Wild Fable has so many cute trendy pairs of sunglasses. You should definitely check out their accessories!
- Women’s Dominique Pointed Kitten Heel Booties – A New Day ($34.99): Usually, I don’t wear pointed-toe boots, but these were just too cute, and since I was already stepping out of my comfort zone with this outfit, I decided to go ahead and pair these shoes with the jumpsuit. These booties are also available in silver and black.
- Hinge Box Crossbody Bag – A New Day Black ($29.99): This was my favorite bag hands down! The square box really gives this already bold look a little more edge. Had this crossbody bag been available in a blush or cream color I would’ve purchased it!
- Metal Domed Post and Acrylic Ball Hanging with Acrylic Bead Earrings – A New Day ($9.99): I’ve been wanting to try out clear drop earrings, and this was the only semi-edgy outfit I styled that could potentially pull off such statement earrings. Had I gone for something safer, I probably would have selected some white statement drop earrings.
There are many stylish, avant-garde women out there, and I feel like the Wild Fable line has an array of options for girls and women who like to dress a little more edgy.
Outfit #2: Feminine Fun in a Floral Two-Piece
For my second outfit, I tried to stick to pieces that were more of my personal style. As an avid fashion-blogger follower, my Instagram feed has been filled with images of women wearing adorable two-piece sets, and when I saw this muted floral two-piece option, I grabbed it right up to style and try on. Items for this look include:
- Women’s Floral Wide Leg Woven Pants – Wild Fable ($20.00): These high-waisted pants create a really flattering fit that is perfect for crop tops! As you can see in the picture to your right, I opted to pair these pants with a matching I especially liked how the pants fell just below the knee for a comfy fit. I could easily see myself wearing these out-and-about.
- Women’s Floral Strappy Flutter Sleeve Cropped Top – Wild Fable ($18.00): This flutter sleeve cropped top was so cute on the hanger! I loved the smocked back of the top. Unfortunately, the front-tie detail accompanying the sweetheart neckline gapped open and the straps going over the shoulders were way too long!
- Women’s Kari Studded Mules – A New Day ($24.99): These basic mule flats are also available in black.
- Women’s Flap Trifold Wallet – Universal Thread ($14.99): Due to the pattern on the two-piece set, I opted for a more basic wallet. This wallet comes in blush (shown in the picture below), Olive, Cognac, and Black.
While I did love the muted floral pattern, I just felt too self-conscious of my upper chest to ever purchase this two-piece set and wear it out. I’m modest when it comes to clothing (you’ll never see me in daisy dukes or two piece bikinis), and unfortunately, my cleavage was just pouring out of this top! I believe Wild Fable really needs to work on designing clothing that is more friendly to women with curves. Many of the clothing options (as you will see online) have been designed and styled on size 2 models with tiny busts. Take Note Wild Fable: Just because I got curves, doesn’t mean I want to flaunt them!
Outfit #3: Millennial in Mom Jeans
For my final outfit, I really wanted to try some of the more every-day wear options Wild Fable offers. That said, I selected a pair of their denim Mom jeans and tried to put together a simple look one could wear while running errands. Items for this look include:
- Women’s Floral Print Short Sleeve Cropped Button-Down Shirt – Wild Fable ($18.00): While this floral bottom-down shirt was flirty, comfortable, and girly, it was clearly designed to fit women with small busts (similar to the top on Outfit #2). On the model, the cropped shirt is still fairly long, but on me, the top was much shorter. If I purchased this top, I’d have to wear a cami underneath it which kind of defeats the purpose of a cropped top. In the picture below, the shirt looks fine – no cami needed – but when I raised my arms, the shirt lifted above the bottom of my bra cup which is just too “croppy” (Is croppy even a word?) for me. Still, I think most women could probably wear a cute bralette underneath this button-down and be fine. Note: This top comes in both cream and blue.
- Women’s Straight High-Rise Mom Jeans – Wild Fable Medium Wash ($22.00): These Mom Jeans were easily my favorite item out of everything I tried on. I’m not too picky about my jeans, and since I rarely wear them (I’m more of a dresses sort of gal), I’ll really branch out on which jeans I purchase. Recommendation: If you want a more baggy fit, size up one.
- Women’s Crista Studded Pointed Toe Heeled Mules – Universal Thread ($34.99): I absolutely love these mules, and I’ve regretted not getting them so much that I’m going back to Target this weekend to get them for fall. While I opted for the color cognac, these mules are also available in blank. Recommendation: This were a little bigger than my regular size, so I would encourage you to go down a half size if you plan to purchase them.
- Circle Crossbody Bag with Studs – Universal Thread ($24.99): This circle faux leather bag is so fun, and it has enough room to carry all the essentials. The textured finish against basic denim really stands out, and the straps are adjustable so you can tailor it to the length you like. It also comes in black.
- Women’s Aviator Sunglasses with Blush Lenses – Wild Fable Gold ($10.00): These affordable glasses are comparable to those found at American Eagle.
I could easily see myself wearing this about town! The shoes were comfy, the Mom-Jeans were on trend, and the top was so light weight! It was my husband’s favorite outfit of the three. I think it was mine too.
Final Thoughts on Wild Fable
All in all, I thought Wild Fable had a variety of quality contemporary clothing options for young women. Personally, I think the “street-style” clothing line was designed to fit smaller, less curvy women – which, let’s be honest, I’m not that. That said, I’d be more than happy to work with Target and Wild Fable to design more curve-friendly outfits in the future! I did end up purchasing the pair of Mom Jeans styled in outfit #3; however, I purchased them a size up for a more baggy look than what you see in the picture. I’ll be interested to see what pieces Wild Fable brings out for fall since most of these options and colors are still are very “summer.” I thought most of the items were of good quality – except for the $5 cropped black t-shirt – and all of the items were very affordable. I mean, I got a pair of jeans for $22! Let me know in the comments below which outfit you liked best, and as always, connect with me on Instagram. I’d love to know if you purchase any Wild Fable items!
Until next time my darlin’,